My name is Alex Woodhouse and photography is my passion. I offer a professional, reliable and relaxed service here in the south west.
I have been a photographer for over 15 years and I am now based in beautiful west Cornwall a stone`s throw from the coast.
I am a self-taught photographer, having built up my knowledge and experience through study and from working in the photographic industry. Previous work includes:
- Teaching photography to art & design department students at Truro College
- Press photography for newspapers The Cornish Times, The Herald, Western Morning News and The Cornishman
- Promotional shots for Birdseye (Mischief PR), Canterbury/RFU (The Bird Consultancy), The Tutu Shop, Theatre Royal Plymouth, April Media and Corrupt Ridewear clothing company
- Teaching GCSE photography at Stoke Damerel Community College along with compiling shots for the school prospectus and covering events such as presentation evenings
- As a photographic technician for Devon & Cornwall Constabulary and Truro College
- Wedding photography for Outspire.co.uk and as Alex Woodhouse Photography
- Mentoring photography students at Truro College
- Teaching black and white photography skills at City College Plymouth
- And many personal projects including Cornish mining heritage and sports coverage of women`s roller derby.
2016 Third place winner of the Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust photography competition with”Daisies”
2015 Finalist in the Coastal Communities/English heritage `Historic Coast` photography competition with “Wheal Coates”
2014 September winner of the Cornwall Today readers photography competition with “Sennen Cove”
2014 Guest judge for the K9 Crusades spring photo competition
2014 Two photographs selected and exhibited at `A Passion for Penzance` with one image chosen as a promotional postcard.
2014 Overall winner of the K9 Crusaders winter photography competition with “Move ball. I dare you…”
2013 Photo of the Week in the Western Morning News for “Lizard, looking west”
2013 September winner of the Cornwall Today readers photography competition with “Mining Wheel”
2012 Runner up in the Inside Line magazine Roller Derby Photography competition for my photo “25 in 5”
I also hold a City & Guilds PTLL (preparing to teach at lifelong learning) qualification and teach at Truro College on a part-time basis.
I am fully CRB checked.